Main menu

WESA project Åland

Seabased has been the supplier of a WEC to the WESA project (Wave Energy for a Sustainable Archipelago), a joint effort between Uppsala University (Lead Partner), Ålands Teknikkluster r.f. and University of Turku, a pioneering wave energy conversion project in the waters outside of Åland Islands.

The project ran from May 2011 until the end of 2013 and was 75% financed by the EU, through the European Regional Development Fund, and the remaining 25% by national governmental bodies.